Last updated on December 10th, 2019 at 05:17 am
This is a very simple, yet probably most delicious vegetarian wrap I tried so far. The recipe originally came from “Mayo Clinic’s Williams-Sonoma Cookbook” by John Phillip Carroll.
After I first prepared and tried it – I came to regret I did know about this recipe before and lived without it for so long? It’s become hit of the season.
It tastes just heavenly! Since then it became my staple recipe. This asparagus and avocado wrap is simple, light and extremely delicious – you will love it!
Vegetarian wrap with asparagus and avocado
For two wraps you will need:
- Eight spears of steamed asparagus
- One cup of cooked rice, cold
- Half of an avocado
- One clove of garlic (or you can use garlic powder)
- Two tbs. of plain non-fat yogurt (vegans can use nondairy yogurt or sour cream, or you can skip it at all)
- One spoon of lime or lemon juice
- Two tsp. of chopped onion
- A few cilantro leaves
- Two large (10 inches) tortillas – your favorite kind.
- In a small bowl mash together avocado, finely chopped garlic and lemon juice
- In another bowl mix cooked rice and yogurt
- Warm up each tortilla in a microwave (about 15-30 sec should be enough per each)
- First evenly spread the avocado mixture over tortillas
- Then spread the rice mixture
- Lay four asparagus spears in the center of each tortilla, top with chopped onion and cilantro.
- Fold the sides of the tortillas and wrap them up.
And Vegetarian Wrap Recipe with Asparagus and Avocado are ready to serve. You will be surprised how heavenly they taste! Don’t warm them up. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Great idea to pack with you for lunch too.