Last updated on December 10th, 2019 at 05:17 am
These need almost no introduction. Just look at them. They’re bite-sized, perfect to put together while you’re watching TV, even over a couple of days.
They’re the ultimate party food, slightly fancy, just enough to impress and simple enough that people think “Oh, what a great idea! Why didn’t I think of that?”
You take some peanut butter (you have to test it, just to make sure it’s ok). Then mix it with some sugar and a little butter.
Mix it real good & squish it between two pretzels. That’s stage one done. If you want to take it easy for the rest of the night or head out, that’s alright. They’ll keep just fine in the fridge or freezer.
When you’re ready, dunk half of them in some melted chocolate. I used dark and I think it pairs up well.
And then let the chocolate set. Back in the fridge or freezer until your ready to eat them. And I say ‘them’ because it’s nigh on impossible to simply eat one.
We took them to a ‘bring a plate’ occasion, so we decided to put them in individual patty cases. It worked perfectly.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- 1 C peanut butter, smooth is best, but if you have crunchy, go for it!
- 2 t butter at room temperature
- 2/3 C icing sugar
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- Pretzels (you’ll need at least a bag of the Parkers’ brand)
- 1 block good quality dark cooking chocolate
- Mix the peanut butter, butter and sugars together until smooth
- Using about 2 tsp worth of mixture, shape them into balls & flatten them slightly (You can put them in the fridge at this point to harden up a little)
- Sandwich the peanut butter mix between the pretzels
- Place them into the fridge/freezer until you’re ready to coat them in chocolate
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler (or in the microwave if you’re more comfortable doing that)
- Dunk half the pretzel bites in the melted chocolate and put them on a tray lined with baking paper to set
- These will keep in the fridge or freezer for about a week (if they last that long)
To check more recipes, click here
You can try these recipes too: