If you want to give your home a unique old world charm, then give a simple home decor touch to it.
Whether it’s dark-stained pine furniture, gypsum table bases, intricate wood moldings and old…If you want to give your home a unique old world charm, then give a simple home decor touch to it.
Whether its dark-stained pine furniture, gypsum table bases, intricate wood moldings and old world chests and cabinets, our home decor transports your home to the medieval eras.
If you were thinking that the typical old world knightley aura or the Renaissance flavor have faded forever in the antiqueness of the ancient past, then you are wrong.
Our home décor ideas can simply restore the typical medievalism of the past and rejuvenate the rustic old world charm in your home.
Splendid home decor ideas
To begin with use metal hardware or wood furniture like studs, bracket hinges, bookcases and handles to add a typical chivalric flavor.
If you can provide a finishing touch to the tables and chairs with brocade and tapestry cushions, or add shapes like silver leafing, arches, fluer di lis, quatrefoils and other shapes to the wood furniture then the typical medieval touch will be complete.
Instead of replacing a modern sofa with palette, you can actually decorate it with loosely draped fabrics that will keep the ancient feeling alive in the rooms.
If you want to compliment the medieval look in your room, then apply our home décor ideas in an affordable way.
This would include decorating with items like weapons, shields, candelabra, ancient boxes, and tapestries of old times.
The medieval world colors include silver leaf, wrought iron, pewter and matted brown colors that will help you retain the old world charm.
Get loose and flowing draperies of these colors, hang them on wrought iron rods with dragon shaped finials to give an everlasting touch of ancientness to your home.
Tips to decorate your home
Our home decor ideas can sound really strange, but it imparts an ancient antique look to your homes.
Following are the typical home decor ideas that retain the old world flavor in your rooms:
- If it’s an old chest add some heavy hinging or black-stenciled knot work in it or make chairs and satin damask out of plum ultra suede fabric to lend an old-fashioned charm to your home.
- Get a lion head candle holder to place it over the chest and ancient pewter framed tall mirror to complete the medieval effect.
- Add a dash of leather, wood or gold in the collectibles to offset the silver items all over.
- Get some inexpensive items like scratched metal shaped lamp, fairy statues, fantasy ceiling lights, dragon oil warmer and ceramic gel candles to lend a chivalric touch to your home.
- Construct the walls with moldy/mossy corners, in shades of gray and tan to give them a subtle stony look.
- The window should have glass settings so that both the lovely moonlight at night and warm sunlight at daytime can seep in to give a warm touch to your rooms.
Even in today’s modern world, our home décor promises your contemporary home setting to transform into a castle of the old days.