If you want to give your home a unique old world charm, then provide a simple home decor touch to it.
Whether it’s dark-stained pine furniture, gypsum table bases, intricate wood moldings and old. If you want to give your home a unique old world charm, then provide a simple home decor touch to it.
Whether its dark-stained pine furniture, gypsum table bases, intricate wood moldings and old world chests and cabinets, our home decor transports your home to the medieval eras.
If you thought that the ideal old world Knightley aura or the Renaissance flavor had faded forever in the antiqueness of the ancient past, then you are wrong.
Our home décor ideas can restore the typical medievalism of the past and rejuvenate the rustic old world charm in your home.
Splendid home decor ideas
To begin with use metal hardware or wood furniture like studs, bracket hinges, bookcases and handles to add a typical chivalric flavor.
If you can provide a finishing touch to the tables and chairs with brocade and tapestry cushions, or add shapes like silver leafing, arches, fleur di lis, quatrefoils and other ways to the wood furniture, then the typical medieval touch will be complete.
Instead of replacing a modern sofa with the palette, you can decorate it with loosely draped fabrics that will keep the old feeling alive in the rooms.
If you want to compliment the medieval look in your room, then affordably apply our home décor ideas.
It would include decorating with items like weapons, shields, candelabra, antique boxes, and tapestries of old times.
The old world colors include silver leaf, wrought iron, pewter and matted brown colors that will help you retain the old world charm.
Get loose and flowing draperies of these colors, hang them on wrought iron rods with dragon-shaped finials to give an everlasting touch of ancientness to your home.
Tips to decorate your home
Our home decor ideas can sound strange, but it imparts an old antique look to your homes.
Following are the typical home decor ideas that retain the old world flavor in your rooms:
- If it’s an old chest add some heavy hinging or black-stenciled knotwork in it or make chairs and satin damask out of plum ultra suede fabric to lend old-fashioned charm to your home.
- Get a lion head candle holder to place it over the chest, and antique pewter framed tall mirror to complete the medieval effect.
- Add a dash of leather, wood or gold in the collectibles to offset the silver items all over.
- Get some inexpensive items like scratched metal shaped lamp, fairy statues, fantasy ceiling lights, dragon oil warmer and ceramic gel candles to lend a chivalric touch to your home.
- Construct the walls with moldy/mossy corners, in shades of gray and tan to give them a subtle stony look.
- The window should have glass settings so that both the lovely moonlight at night and warm sunlight at daytime can seep in to give a warm touch to your rooms.
Even in today’s modern world, our home décor promises your contemporary home setting to transform into a castle in the old days.