This recipe is so easy a monkey could make it. Hence the name monkey bread, you think? There is a similar recipe called Breakfast Pull-Aparts.
The main difference is nuts and cherries in place of raisins, and corn syrup replaces some of the brown sugar. Both are listed here. Both are equally easy and delicious.
“Land of Nod” Cinnamon Buns
- 20 frozen dough rolls
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1½ cup vanilla instant pudding
- 1 to 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cup raisins (optional)
- 1½ to 1½ cup melted butter
Before you put the cat out and turn off the lights, grease a 10″ Bundt pan and add frozen rolls. Sprinkle with brown sugar, pudding powder, cinnamon and raisins. Pour melted butter over all. Cover with a clean, damp cloth. (Leave out at room temperature.)
Turn out the lights and say goodnight.In the morning, preheat oven to 350ï¿½ F. and bake for 25 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes and then turn out on a serving plate.
Who would think you could be this organized so early in the a.m.
- 20 frozen bread dough rolls
- 1½ cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter or hard margarine
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cup sliced almonds
- 1½ cup halved glazed cherries
- Buns can be cut in half for smaller bites.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Stir sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Dip frozen dough buns in butter. Roll in sugar mixture.
- Put in 10″ greased 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with 1½ almonds and 1½ cherries. Repeat.
- Mix corn syrup with remaining butter. Drizzle over top.
- Cover with damp tea towel. Let stand for 6 to 8 hours or over night.
Bake at 350 F. for about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Turn onto plate.
Makes 20 servings.
Now aren’t you clever.