This is the cheesecake factory recipe, their famous mouth watering cheesecake. In the world of cheesecake, this is the caviar of cheesecakes.
**if you prefer a crust without nuts, the recipe for the no-nuts crust is at the end of this recipe**
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup finely chopped vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Mix all nuts and vanilla wafer crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9 inch buttered springform pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2″ up the sides of the pan, set aside.
- All the filling ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy with an electric mixer set on low (keep the setting at low during the entire mixing process).
- Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg.
- Add flour, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
- Add the sour cream and beat well.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan.
- Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree F preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes.
- When time is up turn oven off, prop open oven door and leave in oven for one hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool then refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remember this important tip : A cheesecake should season. The wait is worth it. The flavor ripens and becomes enriched.
**The crust recipe below is for those who prefer a crust without nuts**
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted margarine
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix in melted margarine.
- Press the crumb into a 9-inch spring form pan that has been lined on the bottom and side with parchment paper.
- Use the bottom of a drinking glass to press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan and about 2/3 the way up the side.
- Put the crust in your freezer until the filling is done.